What is a manual action in SEO?
A manual action is a sanction taken by Google when a site violates the webmaster quality guidelines of the search engine.
List of manual actions :
- Site infected with spam
- User-generated spam
- Host associated with spam
- Problem with data structures
- Artificial links to the site
- Artificial links on the site
- Poor or uninformative content
- Techniques for hiding text and image content
- Accumulation of keywords
- Non-correspondence of AMP content
- Misleading redirects
- Non-compliance with Google News and Discover policies
The manual actions (as well as the description of the problem) are visible in the Google Search Console in the tab “security and manual actions”. dans l’onglet “sécurité et actions manuelles”.